What are our community rules?
Sacriel, ShannonZKiller, the Mod Squad, and the whole of the 42nd strive to ensure our community is kept a welcoming, non-judgemental, and non-confrontational environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
I want to make a bingo card for the upcoming Obi-Wan show, what kind of things should be on it? #HelloThere
Our rules are extensive but NOT comprehensive, the moderators are here to make those judgement calls in accordance to our philosophy – and no one is immune from these rules.
The moderators all share communications as a team so rest assured no moderator action goes without review – this also means moderators cannot be played off one another so please don’t try.
- 01. Respect EVERYONE and KEEP IT CLASSY!
- No Racism/Sexism/Homophobia/Rape jokes or other hate-based speech. This offense we take seriously and may perma-ban without warning. Also, there is a difference between rude negativity on any topic and constructive opinions. Please be mindful of this, and act like a respectful adult. WE FOLLOW WHEATON’S LAW.
- 02. NEVER ask why you or another viewer were timed out in chat.
- Simply read the chat rules during your timeout and when your timeout ends, continue chatting as if it never happened. It was just a few minutes. Don’t sweat it.
- 03. “I was just joking”
- is not an excuse if you take a comment or question or insult too far. Further to this, saying “Kappa” doesn’t make being really rude or offensive ok.
- 04. All controversial topics are not appropriate here.
- This is a place to chill, have a laugh, and be entertained. It’s our relaxing, happy place! It is NOT a place to discuss politics, war, moral issues, patriotism/anti-patriotism, religion, piracy, drugs, tragic or heated issues in the news, etc, or any argumentative and pointless topic (really, arguing in a gaming chat is the most pointless of pastimes). Further, ad block is NOT an appropriate topic – think about it.
- 05. Spoilers.
- Posting any kind of spoiler (true, false or jokes) will get you timed out or banned depending on the severity of the spoiler.
- 06. Do not ask for or share server info
- Sacriel doesn’t share it and would appreciate that even if you know the server he’s on, you also do not share it. Thanks!
- 07. English language
- We love interacting with our viewers but we only speak English, so please try to keep conversations in English! This makes things manageable for our moderators. Thanks for understanding.
- 08. Please do not spam or type in all caps.
- 42ndBot lurks and automatically deletes all caps messages without warning and repeated abuse will earn you a timeout.
- 09. No arguing with the moderators.
- At all. This includes being disrespectful in chat. The mods work hard and are diligent in enforcing these rules fairly across all of chat. If you have a problem, Whisper LordBoogzor.
- 10. No links allowed.
- We only allow links of clips from Sacriels channel. Any other links are only for moderators and 42ndBot-verified chat regulars. The Mod team picks the regulars. Please don’t ask to be a regular.
- 11. No advertising anything.
- (another channel, website, YouTube, etc) without direct permission from Sacriel or the mod team.
- 12. NO Stream sniping
- (and extreme cases of stream stalking aka finding Sacriel in-game as a friendly) can be a bannable offence. When Sacriel does a subscriber event or invite people to tag along, that is when it is appropriate to join him in a game. Thank you for respecting this!
- 13. Do not beg/ask
- for games or Twitch subscriptions to be gifted to you. Doing so will get your message removed from chat. Repeatedly asking will get you longer timeouts.