Twitch Channel Rules
Why we have rules and why they matter to us: Sacriel, ShannonZKiller, the Mod Squad, and the whole of the 42nd strive to ensure that this chat and all connected places of conversation (our forums, discord, etc) are kept a welcoming, non-judgemental, and non-confrontational environment in which everyone is treated with respect, regardless of any characteristic or credence. Our rules are detailed to the best of our ability out of consideration for all chatters, to inform you all and avoid as much confusion as possible. They are extensive but NOT comprehensive – and no one is immune from these rules. We are all held accountable. Gens Una Sumus. We are all one family.
- Respect EVERYONE and KEEP IT CLASSY! No Racism/Sexism/Homophobia/Rape comments/jokes or other hate-based speech. This offense we take seriously and may perma-ban without warning. Also, there is a difference between rude negativity on any topic and constructive opinions. Please be mindful of this, and act like a gentleman/lady. WE FOLLOW WHEATON’S LAW.
- NEVER ask why you were timed out. Simply read the chat rules during your timeout and when your timeout ends, continue chatting as if it never happened. It was just two minutes. It ain’t no thang.
- “I was just joking” is not an excuse if you take a comment or question or insult too far. Further to this, saying “Kappa” doesn’t make being really rude or offensive ok.
- All controversial topics are not appropriate here. This is a place to chill, have a laugh, and be entertained. It’s our positive, happy place! It is NOT a place to discuss politics, war, moral issues, patriotism/anti-patriotism, religion, piracy, drugs, tragic or heated issues in the news, etc, or any argumentative and pointless topic (really, arguing in a gaming chat is the most pointless of pastimes). This also includes spoilers for recent shows or movies. Anyone disregarding this will be timed out for 2 minutes.
- Do not ask for or share server info. Sacriel doesn’t share it and would appreciate that even if you know the server he’s on, you also do not share it. Thanks!
- English language We love interacting with our viewers but we only speak English, so please try to keep conversations in English! Thanks for understanding.
- Please do not spam or type in all caps. 42ndBot lurks and automatically deletes all caps messages without warning and repeated abuse will earn you a 2 min timeout.
- No arguing with the moderators. At all. This includes being disrespectful in chat. My mods work hard and are diligent in enforcing these rules fairly across all of chat. If you have a problem, Whisper LordBoogzor.
- No links allowed. Links are only for moderators and 42ndBot-verified chat regulars. The Mod team picks the regulars. Please don’t ask to be a regular.
- No advertising anything (another channel, website, YouTube, etc) without direct permission from Sacriel or the mod team.
- Stream stalking (finding me in game as a friendly) and stream sniping are bannable offences. When I do a subscriber event or invite people to tag along, that is when it is appropriate to join me in a game. Thank you for respecting this!
Looking to request a ban appeal? If you wish to appeal a ban you may do so by sending a twitch PM (not a whisper) to 42ndBot and explain why you believe you should be unbanned. All appeals decisions are final. Thanks for understanding!